Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Network Privacy and Data Breach" speaker/panelist, 2nd Annual National Cyber Liabilities Insurance ExecuSummit, Uncasville, Connecticut, April 23, 2013.
- Master Workshop: "Everyone’s Nightmare: Privacy and Data Breach Risks," speaker, LMA Lloyd's Market Academy Masterclass, February 8, 2013.
- "Everyone’s Nightmare: Privacy and Data Breach Risks," speaker, International Underwriting Association, February 5, 2013.
- "Privacy Issues: Data Breaches, Global Hotlines, and Data Protection Implications," speaker, ECOA Law School, October 18, 2012.
- "Data Breach Preparedness: The Right Way to Survive 30 Days of Hell," speaker, West Coast NetDiligence Cyber Risk & Privacy Liability Forum, Marina del Rey, California, October 12, 2012.
- "Privacy Issues: Data Breaches, Global Hotlines, and Data Protection Implications," speaker, ECOA Law School, May 23, 2012.
- “An interview with Edwards Wildman,” interviewee, concerning privacy and data protection practice and developments, The Monthly Lawyer, March 2012.
- "Digital Attacks on Businesses: Protecting your Brand, Reputation and Critical Assets," speaker, NACD Connecticut Chapter Event, February 27, 2012.
- "New Personal Information Requirements for Companies," co-author, The Corporate Counselor, Volume 26, Number 11, March 2012.
- "March 1 Compliance Deadline Looms for Companies With Personal Information of Massachusetts Residents," co-author, Bloomberg BNA Privacy and Security Law Report, February 20, 2012.
- "March 1 Deadline for Companies and Vendors with Massachusetts Personal Information," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, January 2012.
- "Cyber Risks - What are They and Who is Affected?," speaker, LMA Lloyd's Market Academy Masterclass, January 31, 2012.
- "Data Breach Management and Cyberrisk Update," speaker, Association of Corporate Counsel Northeast Chapter Event, January 11, 2012.
- “Recent Developments in Cyber Risk,” speaker, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Webinar, November 17, 2011.
- "Everyone’s Nightmare: Global Privacy and Data Breach Risks," speaker, Insurance Underwriting Association Digital Risk Working Party Conference: Security vs Accessibility, October 19, 2011.
- “Data Breach Preparedness and Plan Execution,” speaker, NetDiligence® West Coast Cyber Risk & Privacy Liability Forum presented by HB Litigation Conferences, October 4-5, 2011, Marina del Rey, California.
- “Data Breach Compliance and Response: Understanding the Laws and Being Prepared,” speaker, International Association of Privacy Professionals Web Conference, September 1, 2011.
- “Data Breaches at Home and Abroad: This Can Mean You Too!,” panelist, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Webinar, July 14, 2011.
- “Data Breaches at Home and Abroad: This Can Mean You Too!,” panelist, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Seminar, June 21, 2011.
- “Social Networking for the Bank Insurance Agency,” American Bankers Insurance Association Best Practices Panel Teleconference, February 7, 2011.
- "The FTC's Red Flags Rule on Identity Theft Protection Will Be Effective December 31, 2010," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, November 2010.
- "What Does Privacy Law and Data Security Have to do with Nonprofits?" speaker, webinar presented by Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP, November 9, 2010.
- "Practical Consideration for Public and Private Companies Using Social Media," speaker, New England Business and Securities Law 28th Annual Conference, October 20, 2010.
- "Dealing with Data Breaches: Legal, Practical, and Financial Issues," speaker, Massachusetts Health Data Consortium Seminar, September 17, 2010.
- "Connecticut Insurance Department Joins Others Imposing New Data Breach Notification Requirements," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, September 2010.
- "Navigating the Ever-Changing World of Social Media: Critical Considerations for In-House Counsel," speaker, Association of Corporate Counsel Northeast CLE Seminar, June 16, 2010.
- "Social Networking and Data Security," speaker, Privacy Issues in the Workplace: Social Networking, Data Security & More presented by New York City Bar Association, June 14, 2010.
- Compliance Seminar, speaker, Lincoln Financial Group, May 26, 2010.
- "March 1, 2010: Massachusetts Security Regulation Affecting All Companies with Personal Information of Massachusetts Residents," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Labor & Employment Bulletin, Winter 2010.
- "Data Protection Challenges for Bank Insurance Programs in the U.S.: New and Upcoming Deadlines and Exposures," speaker, American Bankers Insurance Association Teleconference, March 11, 2010.
- "Data Security Developments for the Insurance Industry," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Insurance and Reinsurance Review, March 2010.
- Local Issue/National Challenge: March 1 Massachusetts Data Security Requirements, speaker, webinar presented by Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP, February 11 and 17, 2010.
- "Recent Developments: The FTC Red Flags Rule and Massachusetts Security Regulation," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, November 2009.
- Q&A: "Surveying the merger landscape," Hartford Business, October 15, 2009.
- "Up close look at state's new data security regulations," co-author, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, March 23, 2009.
- New Federal Red Flag, Massachusetts and Other State Data Security Rules," speaker, webinar hosted by Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, February 24, 2009.
- "New Massachusetts Security Rules - What You Need to Do to Comply by May 1," speaker, webinar hosted by Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, January 21, 2009.
- "Extension of Robust New Massachusetts Security Rules - What is Needed Now to Comply by May 1," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, November 2008.
- "The U.S. Department of the Treasury Term Sheet for Privately Held Financial Institutions Applying for the Capital Purchase Program," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, November 2008.
- "New Massachusetts Guidelines for Mandatory Computer Security Policies," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, November 2008.
- "Encouraging Private Equity Investment in the Banking Sector," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, November 2008.
- Speaker, ABIA Annual Convention, "Opportunities and Pitfalls of Customer Information in Cross Selling and Target Marketing," September 2008.
- "Implications of Regulation R on Bank distribution Channels Used for Insurance Sales," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Insurance and Reinsurance Update, December 2007.
- Speaker, Capital Roundtable's MasterClass™ on Financial Services Companies - How to Source & Evaluate Middle-Market P.E. Opportunities," September 25, 2007 and pre-MasterClass™ Workshop on September 24, 2007, New York City, New York.
- "Privacy and Information Security Concerns and How to Address Them," co-author, International Law Office's Insurance & Reinsurance - USA, September 11, 2007.
- "Privacy and Information Security Issues in the Insurance Industry," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Insurance and Reinsurance Update, June 2007.
- "Anti-Money Laundering Programs for Insurance Companies: The May 2 Deadline," Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Insurance and Reinsurance Update, March 2006.
- "State Preemption of GLB Takes A Big Hit," National Underwriter Life & Health, April 18, 2005.
- "Sarbanes-Oxley: The Insurance Company Perspective," Risk Management Magazine, April 1, 2005.
- "10 Facts and Myths about Gramm-Leach-Bliley," quoted, Best's Review, March 2005.
- Ted is co-author of Bank Insurance Sales Methods: Requirements, Restrictions and Guidelines, a treatise for planning and executing successful bank insurance sales programs, including discussion of the licensing, disclosure, compensation and other issues related to sales of insurance products by and through banks on a state by state basis throughout the United States.
- "Managing the Risks of Selling Insurance Products," American Banker, Insurance Products Special Report, September 2004.
- "Connecticut Corporate Anti-Fraud Statute," Insights, Volume 17, Number 12, December 2003.
- "Financial Convergence: Banking Initiatives Yield Mixed Results," quoted, Business Insurance, November 17, 2003.
- "Sarbanes-Oxley Affects All Banks and Thrifts," The Connecticut Financial Tribune, June 2003.
- "Stock Conversion Speed-Up Bill Signed," The Connecticut Financial Tribune, July 2002.
- "Financial Weapons in the War Against Terrorism," Business Insurance, January 21, 2002.
- "International Banking and Finance Committee: Year in Review 2000," International Lawyer, Fall 2001.
- "Privacy Issues under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and EU Commission on Data Privacy Safe Harbor Principles," International Law News, Fall 2001.
- "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Defines Brokers and Dealers," The Commercial Record, September 2001.
- "US Guide for UK Financial Services Players," Insurance Day, July 2001.
- "A Strategic View: Cross-Industry Acquisitions," Mealey's Litigation Report, June 2000.
- "The Future of the Dual Banking System," Banker & Tradesman and The Commercial Record, August 10, 1998.
- In 2002 and 2003, Ted was an adjunct faculty member of The University of Connecticut School of Law where he taught Banking Law and Regulation.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Ted enjoys golf and skiing. He serves on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of South Park Inn, a shelter for the homeless. Ted is a member of the Board of Directors of The Connecticut Forum, a non-profit organization serving the State of Connecticut through four issue-focused programs per season on political, social, educational and cultural topics. He also serves on the Board of Directors and Conference Committee of the American Bankers Insurance Association.