Edwards Wildman’s Intellectual Property (IP) practice is regarded as one of our firm’s greatest strengths. Businesses and individuals around the globe seek counsel from our IP attorneys to protect and enforce their valuable IP assets. With more than 100 attorneys in the United States, Europe and Asia, we represent clients ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to start-ups and individual inventors. Because of our depth of experience across industries, we have earned a reputation for delivering practical, cost-effective, business-driven solutions that help our clients stay competitive in today’s market. We have been recognized as a national Tier 1 Patent Law practice in U.S. News and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” and our trademark practice has consistently appeared in the World Trademark Review 1000.
Areas of Focus
- Asset Acquisitions and Divestures
- Due Diligence
- IP Commercialization
- IP Litigation
- Licensing and Technology Transfer
- Patent Prosecution, Opinions, and Counseling
- Patent Reexamination
- Post-Grant Review proceedings
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trademark Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Edwards Wildman is a full-service firm. Our IP clients become clients of the Firm. When (not if) a related issue or problem arises, our attorneys have instant access to top-level specialists with the right legal experience and knowledge in a wide range of areas.
- Clients always have coverage wherever they are, whenever they need it. With worldwide offices and infrastructure, Edwards Wildman commits to delivering outstanding value.
- All of our IP attorneys focus solely on IP. Every client enjoys a head start by having an attorney who spots problems before they become problems and is focused on their IP interests first.
IP Summer Seminar
Every year, Edwards Wildman hosts a two-week comprehensive lecture series addressing all aspects of US patent prosecution (first week) and US patent litigation (second week).
The IP Summer Seminar is an excellent opportunity for international patent practitioners to learn the important approaches, rules and nuances to US intellectual property protection. Topics include recent changes and developments in IP law; practical approaches to prepare, prosecute and enforce patents; how to overcome rejections by the USPTO; discovery for litigation; and patent trial preparation and procedures. Highlights of this seminar include a mock USPTO examiner interview and a mock trial conducted at the US District Court of Massachusetts with a licensing negotiation session prior to trial.
To learn more about the Edwards Wildman IP Summer Seminar, click here.
Intellectual Property Basics
IP Due Diligence
Patent/Know How license Agreements