William is an Associate in the Firm's Business Law Department. He trained at the Firm and has previously spent time on secondment at JPMorgan, Citibank International plc and the Financial Services Authority.
- Acted in respect of the €996 million bid for the 50 year concession to manage, operate and maintain Aigües Ter Llobregat, the Catalonia water utility in Barcelona.
- Acted for Citibank in connection with the disposal of its Diners Club Card issuing business in the UK.
- Assisted with MVC Capital's leveraged acquisition of Gibdock Limited, the holding company for the ex Royal Navy dockyards in Gibraltar.
- Assisted a leading online fashion retailer in connection with its Series A, Series B and loan note financings.
- William was seconded to Citibank International plc for six months in March 2012, where he assisted with a number of international M&A transactions and the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements.
- Acted for an investment bank in its disposal of a pan-European telecommunications operator through an auction sale process.
Financial Services and Regulatory Law, secondment to General Counsel's Division of the Financial Services Authority
- William spent six months on secondment at the FSA, within the General Counsel's Division.
- Undertook advisory work in support of FSA policy and supervision teams in the regulation of retail financial markets.
- Provided advisory assistance to an FSA supervision team to guide its decision as to whether to make an application to place a regulated firm into administration.
The London VC team supports entrepreneurs, early stage businesses and angel investors through the Firm's HIT Programme which defers legal fees for innovative business until such time as they raise significant finance or generate revenues and by offering start-up clients access to free software that enables them to write their own legal business documentation; to view please click here. We also support those that support entrepreneurs through our sponsorship and hosting of sponsoring various Angels Den events.
Besides Edwards Wildman
William is a keen sportsman and relaxes by playing and watching sports. He has a particular passion for football, playing regularly both at University and Law School, and is now an active member of the Firm's team. William also enjoys travelling and catching up with friends whenever possible.