Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4554
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3642
William is an Associate in the Firm's Business Law Department. He trained at the Firm and has previously spent time on secondment both at Citibank International plc and the Financial Services Authority.
The London VC team supports entrepreneurs, early stage businesses and angel investors through the Firm's HIT Programme
which defers legal fees for innovative business until such time as they raise significant finance or generate revenues and by offering start-up clients access to free software that enables them to write their own legal business documentation; to view please click here
. We also support those that support entrepreneurs through our sponsorship and hosting of sponsoring various Angels Den
Financial Services and Regulatory Law, secondment to General Counsel's Division of the Financial Services Authority
- Acted for Citibank in connection with the disposal of its Diners Club Card issuing business in the UK.
- Assisted with MVC Capital's leveraged acquisition of Gibdock Limited, the holding company for the ex Royal Navy dockyards in Gibraltar.
- Assisted with a leading online fashion retailer's Series B financing.
- William was seconded to Citibank International plc for six months in March 2012, where he assisted with a number of international M&A transactions and the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements.
- Acted for an investment bank on the preparation of a vendor due diligence in connection with the proposed sale of a multinational telecommunications operator by way of auction process.
- William spent six months on secondment at the FSA, within the General Counsel's Division.
- Undertook advisory work in support of FSA policy and supervision teams in the regulation of retail financial markets.
- Provided advisory assistance to an FSA supervision team to guide its decision as to whether to make an application to place a regulated firm into administration.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "The Lehmans Client Money Case: Clients and a Common Misfortune," co-author, Edwards Wildman Client Advisory, March 2012.
Before Edwards Wildman
William graduated from the University of Manchester with an LLB in Law in 2008. He then travelled throughout Australia and New Zealand for several months prior to completing the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School in Manchester in 2010.
Besides Edwards Wildman
William is a keen sportsman and relaxes by playing and watching sport. He has a particular passion for football, playing regularly both at University and Law School, and is now an active member of the Firm's team. William also enjoys travelling and catching up with friends whenever possible.