Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4162
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3656
Moris Mashali’s practice consists of advising companies on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital financing, private equity investments in public equity, public to private transactions and initial public offerings/placings on AIM.
He has extensive experience in drafting documentation in relation to commercial joint ventures, business and asset sales (including pre-sale hive-out/hive-down restructurings), corporate reorganisations, share acquisitions, subscription/shareholders’ agreements and LLP agreements, as well as corporate governance documentation.
Moris has represented numerous international companies in connection with corporate acquisitions and disposals. In addition, he has advised clients on investment exits and the restructuring of portfolio companies.
Joint Ventures and Acquisitions
Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Advising Nourbel Le Cavelier Limited in a joint venture relating to the sale of high-end bespoke jewellery.
- Acting for a family office in its acquisition of a luxury 5-star hotel in Germany.
- Advising Affinia Group Inc. in a range of joint ventures in Europe and Asia, including the negotiation of the relevant ancillary agreements (distribution/supply agreements and option agreements).
- Advising Danaher Corporation and its subsidiaries on a range of corporate acquisitions and joint ventures in Europe.
- Advising a leading climate change group in a number of joint ventures relating to carbon advisory services.
- Advising the Local Radio Company plc in its joint venture with a company controlling the media rights to Portsmouth City Football Club.
- Advising Honda Europe in its joint venture with a company manufacturing health products.
- Advising a prominent networker in a joint venture with YouGov plc relating to market research.
- Advising one of UK’s leading distributors of TV content in its £25m acquisition of a producer of factual and drama content.
- Advising the MBO team on the management buyout of XL Leisure Group plc.
- Acting for the Duke of Roxburghe (and family) in the sale of a hedge fund business to Evolution Group plc.
- Acting for a hedge fund (ranked sixth by Barron's Hedge Fund 100) in the drafting of a shareholders’ agreement among the founding principals and advising the principals with respect to a minority investment into a start-up “fund of hedge funds” business.
- Advising a hedge fund manager in connection with a hedge fund seeding transaction.
- Advising an online retailer of pet medicine in its seed fundraising round.
- Advising Camden Partners on a number of transactions, including: a PIPE; a public to private transaction; and equity and debt financings.
- Advising Carlyle Europe on venture capital investments and exits including the sale of a UK credit card business to Lloyds TSB.
- Advising one of the leading solution providers to the global insurance industry in its “cash box” placing on LSE’s main list and a number of AIM listed companies on “cash box” placings.
- Representing KBC Peel Hunt in relation to a placing of shares of a US company whose shares are traded on AIM.
- Acting for a leading supplier of advanced high-pressure gas turbine cleaning systems on its admission to trading on AIM.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Private Equity Focus: Proposed EU Directive on Alternative Investment Fund Managers (March 2010).
Before Edwards Wildman
Before joining the Firm, Moris developed his practice in the London office’s of Wilmer Cutler Pickering and Dorsey & Whitney, having trained at SJ Berwin & Co in London and Brussels.
Besides Edwards Wildman
In his free time, Moris enjoys traveling, tennis and backgammon.