Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4583
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3644
Andrew is an experienced corporate lawyer based in the London office with particular expertise in private equity, M&A, venture capital and reorganisations. He has advised on a number of management buyouts ranging between £5-50 million acting for private equity funds and management teams. He also has considerable experience advising venture capital funds and companies in all stages of the investment process (seed and development capital, pre-IPO funding) and has acted on share and asset acquisitions and disposals across all sectors, especially TMT and energy sectors.
The London VC team supports entrepreneurs, early stage businesses and angel investors through the Firm's HIT Programme
which defers legal fees for innovative business until such time as they raise significant finance or generate revenues and by offering start-up clients access to free software that enables them to write their own legal business documentation; to view please click here
. We also support those that support entrepreneurs through our sponsorship and hosting of sponsoring various Angels Den
- Advising an international listed defence electronics company on the acquisition of a UK target company specialising in HVAC systems for the Ministry of Defence and other automotive industry clients.
- Advising a leading mid-market private equity house on the buyout of BIMM Limited.
- Advising First Utility, the UK’s biggest independent energy supplier, on all stages of investment from initial seed funding, development capital and most recently, securing a strategic partnership with global financial services firm Morgan Stanley by way of a complex, structured alternative investment arrangement, including a 9.99% shareholding in the business for Morgan Stanley’s wholly owned United States affiliate, Morgan Stanley Capital Group Inc.
- Advising Profounders Capital on its investment in Made.com.
- Advising DFJ Esprit and Dawn Capital on several early stage venture capital investments in portfolio companies.
- Advising Oyster Marine on various general corporate matters.
- Advising on all corporate law aspects of the establishment of FinnCap Limited, now one of the UK's leading independent brokers.
- Advising an ASX listed financial services company on the acquisition of a UK target company for £33m.
- Advising 3i on several early stage venture capital investments.
- Advising numerous private equity funds and companies on the implementation of structured, tax-efficient management share incentive arrangements.
Before Edwards Wildman
Andrew worked previously in the private equity/venture capital team of a leading European law firm based in the London office after qualifying in 2005.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Andrew enjoys marathon running, skiing and golf in his spare time. He is also an accomplished violinist (grade 8 standard) and a committed fundraiser for the international charity CARE International, having taking part and organised a number of CARE sporting events.