Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Robert L. Shuftan is the Managing Partner of Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP. He concentrates his practice in civil litigation and counseling of corporate clients, with particular emphasis on chemical, toxic tort and environmental site issues. He also has assisted pharmaceutical, product and medical device manufacturer clients. He serves as national counsel to leading manufacturers and chemical companies and is a key advisor to top business executives, general counsels and boards of directors.
Bob has established a national reputation in high-profile mass actions in which environmental law and toxic tort intersect. With over 30 years of experience in this field--on many class actions and mass tort matters that have posed industry-wide or business changing implications--Bob is a trusted advisor for a number of long-standing clients. Additionally he spends a considerable amount of his time advising clients on reputation management issues related to litigation matters and regulatory requirements.
- Has represented various product industries since 1985 on a national basis, successfully trying and handling litigation in over 25 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Counsels manufacturers and industry associations on matters related to warnings and regulatory issues
- Assists industrial corporate clients on a national basis on issues of risk management and environmental, health, and safety compliance programs
- Has handled high-profile complex litigation involving multiple claim and putative class action cases related to commercial issues, industrial operations and community environmental concerns. As part of this representation, he has assisted chemical, pharmaceutical, product and medical device manufacturer clients over the last 20 years in responding to government regulatory inquiries and actions, and in dealing with litigation and corporate reputation management situations
- Oversees and manages a broad range of high-profile, complex litigation matters involving multiple claim and putative class action cases related to commercial issues, industrial operations and community environmental concerns
In 2008, Lawdragon Magazine
recognized Bob as one of “100 Managing Partners You Should Know." Lawdragon
said of Bob, “He is bright, articulate, well-versed in the law and handles himself as well on the shop floor as in the Boardroom. …The results obtained by Bob and his firm have been nothing short of outstanding.”
Before Edwards Wildman
Bob served as managing partner at the legacy firm Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon LLP for over ten years.