Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4485
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3688
Crystal is currently a trainee in the firm's Business Law department, having spent her two previous seats in the Commercial Litigation and Employment departments.
Assisting in the mediation and subsequent settlement of a series of claims and counterclaims between our client and a former director. Claims included breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contract and an unfair prejudice petition.
Assisting in preparing arguments of res judicata and abuse of process in relation to a breach of contract claim brought by our client's former CEO.
Advising on the implications of the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
Assisting the purchaser in an asset sale during the disclosure process and assisting in advising on the application of TUPE to post-transfer contractual changes.
Acting for an individual, on a pro bono basis, in bringing and subsequently settling an unfair dismissal claim.
Acting for a small charity, on a pro bono basis, in defending unfair dismissal, statutory redundancy and breach of contract claims brought by its former CEO.
- Assisting in proceedings and subsequent settlement of claims for breach of contract and wrongful termination of negotiations brought by an English company operating in the Italian gaming market against a US supplier.
- Assisting in preparing a tortious claim arising out of criminal accusations made against our client, including addressing issues of jurisdiction and applicable law.
- Assisting in advising an individual against whom an INTERPOL Red Notice had been issued on the implications of entry into the UK in the context of extradition and bail.
- Assisting with various civil proceedings to recover the proceeds of corruption on behalf of the government of a UK territory in the Caribbean.
- Advising a not-for-profit organisation, on a pro bono basis, in relation to the contractual status of a Memorandum of Understanding entered into for the purpose of a joint venture and the options available to them in relation to a dispute arising out of that joint venture.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Social Media: Perks and Pitfalls", co-author, Commercial Litigation Review, December 2011.
- "Keep the faith", co-author, The In-House Lawyer Magazine, July 2012.
- Regular contributions to Edwards Wildman's Anti-Corruption Blog.
Before Edwards Wildman
Crystal graduated from Bangor University with a degree in Law. She completed the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in 2009. Crystal then spent two years working as a personal tax consultant before commencing her training contract with the firm in 2011.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Crystal is an enthusiastic (if rather poor) cook and spends much of her free time attempting to produce edible baked goods. Crystal also enjoys the great outdoors and can be persuaded to have a go at most sports. She studied ballet for several years and now enjoys walking, dancing and mountain biking (with the odd sky dive thrown in for good measure).