Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4275
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3865
Jon focuses on all aspects of insolvency with a particular emphasis on insolvency and restructuring with the insurance industry. He has extensive experience of solvent schemes of arrangement for insurance companies.
Jon is listed in the current edition of the established legal directory the Legal 500 (UK) as being a leading individual in the Insurance: Insolvency and Restructuring field. In the current edition of Chambers and Partners Guides to the Worlds Leading Lawyers (UK) he is ranked in tier 2. The directory notes that he is "solution oriented with a commercial mindset."
- Jon acts for the Minster group of companies in relation to the largest scheme of arrangement sanctioned so far in the London market.
- Jon acted for PricewaterhouseCoopers as provisional liquidator and scheme administrator of North Atlantic Insurance Company.
- Jon acted for PricewaterhouseCoopers as provisional liquidator and scheme administrator of Black Sea and Baltic General Insurance Company.
- Jon acted for PricewaterhouseCoopers as administrator and scheme administrator of Stirling Cooke Brown Insurance Brokers the only scheme of arrangement for insurance brokers to date in the London market.
- Jon acted for Hassneh Insurance Company in relation to a solvent scheme of arrangement.
- Jon acted for the directors of Boxclever PLC in relation to its receivership and restructuring.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before Edwards Wildman Jon was a partner in Barlow Lyde and Gilbert and Richards Butler (now Reed Smith) and served on both firms management boards.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Jon is a keen sailor and has participated in and won his class at Cowes week, one of the worlds largest regattas.