Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Trupti is an associate in Edwards Wildman’s Antitrust/Competition group, advising on all aspects of EU and UK competition law.
She has advised large multi-national companies and private equity funds on merger filings in the EU, UK and worldwide and on matters relating to Article 101 and 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. She also regularly advises on competition issues arising from distribution and agency agreements.
She has experience across a range of sectors, including financial services, energy and manufacturing. She also has experience with the Chinese competition regime, having spent time in Beijing with a previous firm.
- Advised a bank in relation to European Commission and other regulatory investigations into LIBOR setting.
- Advising an online retailer on ongoing OFT competition investigations.
- Advised a client on its defence against an EU abuse of dominance investigation.
- Advised a large private equity house on merger control issues worldwide across a number of sectors.
- Advised on EU and worldwide merger control in relation to two major transactions in the financial services sector.
- Advised a major insurance company on a potential challenge to a public procurement award.
- Advising on competition law aspects of supply, distribution and licensing agreements.
- Advised companies on the implementation of compliance programmes and training.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "European Commission Consults on Revised Technology Transfer Block Exemption," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, February 2013.
- "Danish Supreme Court confirms European Court of Justice's effects-based approach in assessment of selective price reductions under Article 102," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, February 2013.
- "Technology Wars: Recent Battles on the Competition Law Front", speaker, Fourth Annual INTERAction IP Law Update, January 2013.
- "UK Reforms: A New Era In Criminal Cartel Enforcement?," co-author, Law360, August 9, 2012.
- "OFT provisionally decides to refer private motor insurance market to Competition Commission," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, May 2012.
- "Opting in to private competition law actions:UK Government consults on reform," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, May 2012.
- "European Court of Justice Adopts Effects-Based Approach in Assessment of Selective Price Reductions Under Article 102," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, April 2012.
- "UK Government Confirms Changes to UK Competition Regime," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, March 2012.
- “New UK Financial Regulator's Competition Powers Confirmed but Uncertainties Remain,” co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, February 2012.
Before Edwards Wildman
Trupti trained at a Magic Circle firm and qualified into their competition department, where she spent four years advising on a range of merger control and behavioural issues. Prior to joining the firm she also worked in the competition department of a large UK firm.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Outside of work, Trupti enjoys traveling, running and yoga.