Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4535
Jatinder is an associate in the London office of Edwards Wildman and specialises in technology, media and telecommunications matters (TMT). Jatinder trained at Dorsey & Whitney. Jatinder has advised clients on both customer and supplier side and advises on a range of commercial and regulatory issues including telecommunications, managed services, IT, e-commerce, data security and information management, data protection, advertising and marketing, digital media issues, intellectual property and licensing, joint ventures and franchising.
Jatinder has also spent time on client secondments at The Financial Times Limited and Cancer Research UK.
- Advising service providers and customers generally on international outsourcing projects, cloud-sourcing and shared service projects ranging from business process, ICT to managed services and HR functions. Jatinder has advised on transactions involving systems integration, software deployment, international data and information transfers, disaster recovery, software (both open source software and proprietary software), licensing, distribution and reseller contracts.
- Advising on all aspects of digital media and e-commerce, including website compliance rules, selling goods and services online, social media and social networking, online advertising and promotions, cyber security and privacy issues.
- Advising data controllers, data processors and data exporters and importers on privacy, data protection and information security matters. Jatinder has been involved in a number of projects involving data protection and information security matters. Jatinder has experience in reviewing, drafting and updating agreements, policies and data security practices for national and multi-national corporations. Jatinder has delivered data protection and information security training to multi-national corporations.
- Advising on intellectual property aspects of various commercial transactions, including IP licensing and strategy.
- Advising life science and biotech organisations in relation to drug development, pre-clinical and clinical trial services, and research & development.
- Advising clients on advertising and marketing campaigns, including online campaigns, sales promotions and behavioural advertising. In particular, while on secondment at the Financial Times, Jatinder was responsible for the advertising and marketing business units, and the global conference and events division.
- Advising companies and advertising agencies on regulatory matters and drafting commercial agreements including advertising incentive agreements. Assisting companies develop online marketing programs and carrying out data privacy risk assessments.
- Acted for a business process management and technology management service provider in relation to a global outsourcing transaction involving several back office functions. Advised on the structure of the transaction, transfer and service issues and provided strategic advice in relation to service levels, deliverables and the transfer of customer data.
- Advised on joint ventures and other commercial arrangements with vehicle manufacturers and navigation device manufacturers.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Policing cyber security in the EU", co-interviewee, LexisPSL, September 2012.
- "Privacy versus press freedom--where does the balance lie", co-author, LexisNexis, August 2012.
- "Everyone's Nightmare: Privacy and Data Breach Risks," contributor, Edwards Wildman Palmer White Paper, 2012.
- “Cookie Transparency: 25 May Deadline for UK Website Providers", co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, April 2012.
- "Cloud Computing in the European Union", co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer Client Advisory LLP, April 2012.
Before Edwards Wildman
Jatinder trained at a US firm. Prior to joining the firm, she worked in the commercial and technology department of a reputable UK firm.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Outside of work, Jatinder enjoys travelling, running and horse-riding.