Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Marc Mantell represents public and privately held companies and private equity investors in connection with mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and debt financings. He also regularly advises clients on SEC reporting compliance, stock exchange compliance and general corporate governance, including executive compensation, Section 16 and other matters affecting officers and directors of public companies.
Marc has represented acquirers and sellers in the life sciences, technology, telecom and consumer products industries, with a particular focus on the drafting and negotiation of complex acquisition structures and deal terms.
Marc also regularly advises international clients on doing business in the United States and compliance with U.S. securities laws and other legal requirements.
- Vortex Medical, a medical device company, in its sale to AngioDynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANGO).
- Columbia Capital in its investment in Intellibatt, LLC, a battery monitoring and predictive services company.
- FoodShouldTasteGood, a natural foods maker, in its sale to General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS).
- The W.E. Bassett Company, the nation's largest distributor of personal grooming devices, and its owners, in its sale to Pacific World Corporation.
- a NYSE-listed telecommunications company in its acquisition of a portfolio of property interests, valued at approximately $500 million.
- a software company in its reverse merger with a publicly-traded OTCBB company.
- ABRY Partners in its acquisition of RCN Corporation (NASDAQ: RCNI), valued at $1.2 billion.
- Biotrove Inc., a biotechnology company, in its sale to Life Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ:LIFE).
- Dynasil Corporation of America (NASDAQ: DYSL) in its acquisition of Hilger Crystal Limited, a UK subsidiary of Newport Corp. (NASDAQ: NEWP).
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TSE:4502) in its $8.8 billion acquisition of Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNM), one of the largest foreign acquisitions by a Japanese company, the largest by a Japanese company in the pharmaceutical industry and IDD magazine‘s “Healthcare Deal of the Year” 2008.
- Boston Communications Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: BCGI) in its $65 million merger with Megasoft Limited.
- a placement agent in PIPE and registered direct offerings, with an aggregate value of over $50 million.
- selling stockholders in multiple initial public offerings.
- a NYSE listed energy and utility company in its offerings of fixed and floating rate notes, with an aggregate value of over $2 billion.
- a Nasdaq listed media company in its stock option and convertible debt self-tender offers.
- a foreign Nasdaq listed water utility in its follow-up offering of ordinary shares, valued at over $42 million.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
Before Edwards Wildman
Before law school, Marc taught history and coached wrestling at a private school in Maine.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Marc enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. He also enjoys running, working out, skiing and reading about history and current events. Marc serves on the board of directors of America SCORES New England, a Boston non-profit that provides youth soccer and literacy programs.