Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Rebecca A. Lee has a wide-ranging real estate practice in which she represents developers, corporations, non-profit organizations and lenders in site acquisitions and assemblages, procuring entitlements, financing, leasing, condominium creation and dispositions. A particular focus of her practice is land use and development permitting, especially in the Greater Boston area.
Rebecca has been recognized as a leader in her field by Chambers USA
since 2007. Rebecca has also been included in the Massachusetts Super Lawyers listing, a Thomson Reuters
publication, since 2009. In 2013, Rebecca was selected as a "Top Rated Lawyer in 'Land Use and Zoning'" by American Lawyer Media
and was presented with the "Founders Award" by the Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts. The Founders Award is presented annually to an Asian-American attorney who has made significant contributions in business, academics and the community in relation to the law.
Representative transactions include the following:
- Representation of developer of 525,000 square foot office building and related parking garage in South Boston.
- Representation of The Winsor School in procuring City and State approvals for three campus projects, including a major commercial/research and development building.
- Representation of a Massachusetts town making Community Preservation Act loan and grant investments in an historic preservation residential rehabilitation project.
- Representation of a public agency in an economic development loan for a tourism destination.
- Representation of the owner in the development, financing, and disposition of the W Boston Hotel.
- Representation of a public charter school in its New Market Tax Credit and tax exempt bond financing for a new school location in East Boston.
- Representation of a developer in multiple New Market Tax Credit/State and Federal Historic Tax Credit transactions for the renovation of historic buildings into commercial and residential space.
- Representation of a non-profit developer in the development of a residential building containing market rate and affordable housing (rental and condominium).
- Representation of a national insurance company in mortgage loans secured by office buildings, multi-family developments, and shopping centers.
- Representation of developers undertaking the permitting, financing and development of mixed-use, commercial and residential projects in Greater Boston.
- Permitting of Institutional Master Plans and major projects for educational and health care institutions.
Before Edwards Wildman
Ms. Lee was previously the Chief of Staff and Special Counsel to the Director of the Boston Redevelopment Authority, where she was the chief operating officer and responsible for coordinating policy development, overseeing the development review process, and negotiating real estate acquisition, disposition and financing transactions on behalf of the BRA.
Prior to joining the BRA, Ms. Lee was a Real Estate Partner at Goodwin Procter LLP.
Before becoming an attorney, she was a Program Officer for the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, Director of Special Projects for the South Bronx Development Office, and Director of Economic Development for the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Ms. Lee is an avid baseball fan and a chamber musician. She participates annually in the Chamber Music Conference and Composer's Forum of the East at Bennington College.