Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Louis practices in the area of corporate law concentrating on corporate finance and private equity. In the private equity area, Louis has represented investors in private equity and venture capital financings, merger and acquisitions and in a variety of complex business transactions. On the finance side, Louis has experience representing banks, financial companies and portfolio companies in connection with loan transactions across various industries, including the radio and television broadcasting, cable television, publishing and wireless industries. He is very active in the firm's Latin America practice and has assisted clients in a number of advisory capacities with respect to investments and compliance in the region.
Louis also has experience representing liability insurers in connection with coverage matters, particularly in the financial services industry. Louis was named a "Massachusetts Rising Star
" in 2011 and was one of the Boston Business Journal's "40 under 40" professionals in 2012.
- Represented a U.S. private equity fund in making a controlling investment in a Brazilian fiber company.
- Represented U.S. private equity fund in its acquisition of a money transfer business with operations in the U.S., Guatemala, Mexico and Spain.
- Represented lead investors in the acquisition of a money transfer business with operations in the U.S. and the Dominican Republic.
- Represented a U.S. private equity investor in the $1.2 billion acquisition of RCN Corporation.
- Represented NYSE-listed telecommunications company in $500 million acquisition of approximately 1,800 communications sites.
- Represented founders in connection with the negotiation of a sale of a Honduran cable TV operator.
- Represented lead private equity investors in connection with equity financing, subordinated debt financing and senior debt financing of joint venture with Warner Bros. totaling $600 million dollar financing (transaction was awarded "Media Industry Deal of Year" by Investor Dealer Digest).
- Represented private equity investors in financing and acquisition of wireless PCS assets divested from Cingular Wireless.
- Represented lead private equity investor in the negotiation of its control investment of a Puerto Rican cable TV operator.
- Represented lead private equity investors in the successful $160 million acquisition of a Puerto Rican wireless company pursuant to a Section 363 bankruptcy auction.
- Represented lead private equity investors in the acquisition and financing of a company in the life settlements industry.
- Served as fund formation counsel for a $550 million fund.
- Served as fund formation counsel for a $1.1 billion fund.
- Represented venture capital funds in connection with their equity investments in a cable television sports programming channel.
- Represented lead private equity investor in connection with a $60 million equity investment in a newly launched Latino-themed digital cable network.
- Represented lender in a senior financing of a radio broadcast company.
- Represented lender in a senior financing of a US magazine publisher.
- Part of the team engaged by a lead investor to oversee its equity and debt financing of a radio and television broadcast company.
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to joining the Firm in 2001, Louis was a summer associate at the Boston office of a national firm.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Louis is a board member of Beacon Academy. He enjoys martial arts, baseball, golf and spending time with family and friends.