Eric's litigation experience includes the defense of private employers, especially financial institutions and hospitals, in a variety of employment disputes, including claims of wrongful termination, misappropriation of trade secrets, violations of non-compete agreements, tortious interference, and wage and hour disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act and various other statutes. In addition, he advises clients in a variety of commercial disputes, including products liability claims. Selected for inclusion in the Rhode Island Super Lawyers
-- Rising Stars Edition (2012).
Eric has experience in writing and researching dispositive motions in various matters including employment related matters, products liability disputes, mass torts and general negligence actions.
Eric has successfully argued before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination in various employee-employer disputes.
- Eric has successfully represented a major airline against claims of discrimination and violations of the Aircraft Carrier Access Act in Federal Court.
- Eric has successfully argued dispositive motions in state court and taken and defended multiple depositions in various matters.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Recent Developments in Wage and Hour Law - April," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, April 2013.
- "Edwards Wildman’s Mack tapped to for MCLE Commission," mentioned, Providence Business News, April 22, 2013.
- "Get Ready For Increased Minimum Wages," co-author, Law360, April 9, 2013.
- "Recent Developments in Wage and Hour Law - March," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, March 2013.
- "Recent Developments in Wage and Hour Law - January," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, January 2012.
- "Drafting Arbitration Provisions in Employment Manuals That Adequately Protect Against Whistleblower Claims," co-author, New Jersey Lawyer, December 2012.
- "Recent Developments in Wage and Hour Law - November," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, November 2012.
- "Massachusetts Bans Mandatory Overtime for Nurses," co- author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, October 2012.
- "Labor: Employers Not Required to Grant FMLA Leave When Return Dates are Ambiguous," co-author, InsideCounsel, August 20, 2012.
- "Friending, Tweeting & Blogging: Protecting Your Practice in the Age of Social Media," Speaker, May 31, 2012.
- "New Regulations Under the Americans with Disabilities Act Affects ATMs," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, April 2012.
- "NLRB Postpones Deadline for Posting of Employees’ Rights Notice until January 31, 2012," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, October 2011
- “Did You Know that Martin Luther King, Jr.’s ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech was the Subject of a Copyright Dispute?,” author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Diversity Quarterly, 4th Quarter 2011.
- "Construction Law Desk Reference," Rhode Island chapter author, published by Defense Research Institute (DRI), Fall 2009.
- "Extra-Contractual Damages Still Problematic for Insurers in Rhode Island Ten Years After State Supreme Court's Asermely Decision," Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Insurance and Reinsurance Review, June 2009.
- "Rein in Costs and Identify Risks," In-House Defense Quarterly, Spring 2008.
Before Edwards Wildman
Eric was the captain of Tufts University's basketball team. Also, during summer's Eric ran an S.A.T. program at a local community center and coached basketball.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Eric serves on the Board of Directors of the Urban League of Rhode Island. He is also on the Board of Trustees at St. Andrew's School in Barrington, RI and the Highlander School in Providence, RI. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, exercising, and traveling.
Eric was the recipient of the Distinguished Young Alumni Award from St. Andrew's in the Fall of 2009.
In 2013, Eric was selected to serve on the Rhode Island Supreme Court Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Commission.