Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4479
Fax +44 (0) 20 7353 7377
Henry joined the Firm in 2006 qualifying, on his return from secondment in the New York office, in 2008 as an Associate in the Commercial Litigation Group in London.
Henry advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, focussing particularly on contractual issues and asset-recovery/anti-corruption work.
Henry acts for a variety of clients, from Governments and multi-national corporations to individuals, in all forms of dispute resolution.
- Advising the Government of the Turks and Caicos Islands in relation to one of the largest (and ongoing) civil recovery programmes in the world involving an extensive number of cases, many of which have involved (and continue to involve) appeals to the Caribbean Court of Appeal and the Privy Council.
- Assisted in advising Tata Steel in arbitration proceedings against an international consortium of steel slab producers in relation to long-term supply agreements leading to a recovery of $130m.
- Advising the owners of a Premier League football club in relation to a claim against their former lawyers for negligence arising out of the acquisition of the club.
- Advising an American drug developer in relation to all issues arising from actions taken by a global pharmaceutical corporation contracted to conduct medical trials as part of the development of an important drug. These actions placed the development of the drug, and its chances to gaining approval for its use and marketing, in jeopardy and were taken in breach of contract as was successfully established in front of the arbitral panel.
- Advising an African state-owned petroleum corporation in relation to attempts by the creditors of the state to enforce arbitration awards (obtained against the state) against the company and successfully 'unfreezing' the client's assets that were the subject of an injunction obtained ex-parte.
- Assisted in advising a prominent Saudi family in relation to publications accusing it of funding terrorism consistently achieving successful results including apologies from authors in open court.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- “Save us from this brokerage muddle,” co-author, Reinsurance Magazine, September 2007.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Henry enjoys playing and watching most sports, especially rugby. Where possible he likes to combine this with his love of travel.