Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4454
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3715
Kevin is a Co-Chair of the Firm's Litigation Department. He has a broad range of experience including contentious banking issues, fraud asset tracing, general contract (often with a heavy technical element), construction and civil engineering disputes. He has considerable experience in multi-jurisdictional litigation and international arbitration, with particular interest in the risk management issues facing corporate clients in relation to how disputes are handled internally. He is a regular speaker at events aimed at the in-house legal community.
Kevin has achieved widespread recognition for his practice in some of the world's leading independent legal directories. Most recently, Kevin is ranked in the latest edition of The Legal 500 (UK)
as a 'Leading Individual' for 'Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation'. He is currently listed in the Legal Media Group Expert Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers
'Leading Litigation & Product Liability Lawyers 2012
' publication and is also listed as a leader in the field of Commercial Litigation by the established legal directory UK Legal Experts 2011
. The current edition of Chambers & Partners Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers (UK)
notes Kevin as being a 'Leading Individual' in their Dispute Resolution category, as does the most recent edition of Chambers & Partners Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers (Europe)
. Edwards Wildman's
London Commercial Litigation practice, which is led by Kevin, remains highly-ranked in
the current editions
of the leading legal directories Chambers & Partners Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers (UK), Chambers & Partners Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers (Europe)
and The Legal 500 (UK)
. In 2012, Kevin was included in the exclusive list of the “Hot 100
” published by The Lawyer.
- Kevin has recenly represented one of the three main defendants in litigation arising out of the large explosion which took place at the Buncefield oil storage depot in December 2005. The case was the largest case before the Commercial Court in London in 2008, with claims brought in excess of £1billion. After a 12-week trial, our client was found not liable for negligence on that night and was completely exonerated.
- Led the successful defence of a $180m claim brought against this FTSE100 client in an ICC arbitration concerning the licensing of certain rights throughout the Middle East.
- Recently advised "behind the scenes" in relation to a large dispute arising out of a sponsorship arrangement with one of the leading formula 1 racing teams.
- Represented Tata Steel in arbitration proceedings which led to the recovery of $130m for Tata arising out of a highly publicised dispute with an international consortium of steel slab producers.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Delivered the results of the Lawyer's 2012 Survey, speaker, The Lawyer Strategy Summit, Lisbon, March 2012
- “Overcoming Challenges in Complex Commercial Conflict Management,” moderator, Corporate Counsel Exchange 2009, Netherlands, October 25 - 27, 2009.
- "Corporate Social Responsibility - Am I Bovvered?," speaker, The Lawyer Summit 2008, Berlin, Germany, November 6 - 8, 2008.
- "The Lawyer Conferences," 2006.
Before Edwards Wildman
Having spent the early part of his career at one of the top ten UK law firms Kevin moved in the early 1990s to a UK national law firm to establish its commercial litigation group in its London office. Having subsequently fulfilled the role of national head of litigation in that firm for a number of years Kevin joined the legacy firm of D J Freeman in 1998.