Nathan’s current practice focuses on all types of insurance and reinsurance, including insurance coverage disputes (casualty, healthcare, product liability, political risks, energy, D&O, construction defect and property) and reinsurance disputes.
Notable experience includes the following:
Healthcare/product liability - Bermuda Form
- Acting for a Bermuda insurance carrier in relation to four separate “Bermuda Form” arbitrations concerning insurance coverage for healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical device liabilities in the US.
- Acting for four insurance carriers in an arbitration under the London Court of International Arbitration rules concerning two Political Risk insurance policies in relation to a major supply contract with a far eastern counter-party.
- Acting in relation to commercial matters during a secondment to the in-house legal group of one of one of the world’s biggest international energy corporations.
- Acting for an insurance carrier in an arbitration concerning whether the insured’s directors and officers were covered under a D&O policy for liabilities arising out of the Bernard Madoff fraud.
- Acting for a Bermuda Form insurance carrier in relation to an arbitration concerning coverage for sums paid for construction defects in thousands of homes in the US.
Funds at Lloyd's
- Acting for two insurance carriers in High Court (Chancery Division) proceedings involving eight parties in various jurisdictions concerning the parties' deposits of Funds at Lloyd's in support of the underwriting obligations of a Lloyd's corporate member.
- Acting for a Bermuda insurance carrier in relation to an arbitration concerning issues of contract termination, payment of premiums and claims presentations in relation to five reinsurance contracts.
- Acting in relation to Commercial Court proceedings concerning the construction of the rules of an insurance mutual.
Letters of credit
- Acting in relation to High Court proceedings in relation to a request for documents from a US Court.
- Advising on Bermuda Form wordings (and other policy wordings), sanctions issues and UK asbestos liability issues.
Before Edwards Wildman
Nathan graduated from Manchester University in 2003 with a degree in Law (LLB (Hons)) and in 2004 with a Masters in International Politics. He undertook his LPC at the College of Law, London in 2004/5.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Nathan plays 5-aside football. He also plays squash and regularly skis.
Nathan enjoys socialising and travel and has a keen interest in international politics and current affairs.