Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4528
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3701
Sam has experience in working on disputes in both the high court and in arbitration. He has also had involvement with contentious and non-contentious insurance insolvency work.
- Sam is currently acting for Munich Re, Swiss Re and Centre Re in relation to litigation arising out the reinsurance of T&N's historic asbestos liabilities.
- Sam represented a credit insurance company in a complex coverage dispute against its insured in the Commercial Court.
- Sam acted for a major captive insurance company in a dispute with its reinsurers concerning losses arising from Hurricane Katrina.
- Sam represented a Bermuda reinsurer in a coverage dispute with its reinsured relating to damage to an offshore oil rig in the North Sea.
- Sam acted for a Lloyd's syndicate in a Commercial Court dispute with its reinsured, relating to damage caused to certain Gulf of Mexico assets by Hurricane Rita in 2005.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Four Current Hot Cases," co-presenter, Edwards Wildman Palmer Insurance & Reinsurance Seminar, March 2011.
- "Lehman Brothers: Client Money Appeal," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer Insurance and Reinsurance Review, September 2010.
- "Piracy does not Pay: High Court Rules on the Interpretation of Actual and Constructive Total Loss," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer Insurance and Reinsurance Review, June 2010.
- "Wave goodbye to inherent vice exclusions?," co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer Insurance and Reinsurance Review, March 2010.
- "Getting the Deal Through," Co-author, UK analysis chapter, Insurance and Reinsurance, 2009.
- "Disconnected Sprinkler Highlights the Argument for Reform of the Law on Breach of Warranty: Qayyum Ansari v New India Assurance Ltd," Edwards Wildman Palmer Insurance and Reinsurance Review, June 2009.
- "Coromin v Axa Re:extending BI cover?," Edwards Wildman Palmer Insurance and Reinsurance Review, March 2008.
- "Arbitration: Court of Appeal considers an appeal by a party seeking to challenge an arbitration award on the grounds that there was unfairness under s33 Arbitration Act 1996," author, Insurance Round Up, October 2007.
- "Acquiescence: accepting a breach of contract," co-author, In House Lawyer, March 2006.
Before Edwards Wildman
Sam graduated from Bristol University in 2004 with an honours degree in law (LLB). He then gained a distinction in his LPC at BPP Law School in 2005.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Outside of the office, Sam enjoys playing and watching almost any sport, particularly football, rugby and cricket and is a keen member of the firm's football team.
Sam is also interested in photography and reading.