Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4446
Fax +44 (0) 20 7353 7377
Paolo is an associate in the firm's International Trademark and Copyright Protection Group where he first worked as a trainee. His practice covers all aspects of Intellectual Property Law, with particular experience in trade marks, anti-counterfeiting and domain name issues.
Prior to qualification, Paolo was seconded to the Legal department at Harrods where he was actively involved in the Intellectual Property and general commercial issues that arose.
- Paolo has considerable experience in the creation and managagement of anti-counterfeiting progammes in the UK and throughout the EU.
- Paolo advised a leading choreographer and dancer on issues relating to the protection of his registered trademarks and domain names.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- “Defining the Boundaries,” co-author, World Trademark Review, Issue 34, December/January 2012.
- "EU Advocate General Opinion: Cases C-403/08 and C-429/08 - Football Association Premier League Ltd. & Others v. QC Leisure & Others; and Karen Murphy v. Media Protection Services Ltd.," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP Client Advisory, February 2011.
- "What users really think of trade mark offices," co-author, Managing Intellectual Property, May 1, 2010.
- "SUPERSKIN held to be descriptive," co-author, World Trademark Review, January 28, 2010.
- "English High Court Refuses to Follow the European Commission's Movement Towards a US Style Class Action System," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Litigation UK, May 2009.
- "Misrepresentation of Intention: Two Treaties and an Endorsement," co-author, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Insurance and Reinsurance Review, March 2009.
Before Edwards Wildman
Paolo graduated from the University of East Anglia with an LLB in Law and wrote a dissertation on the proposal to bring class actions to the UK considering any possible 'compensation culture' implications. He then went on to study the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Moorgate, London.
Besides Edwards Wildman
At age 16 Paolo produced music digitally which he released under a record label that he set up. The track was featured in Ministry of Sound Magazine and was available throughout the UK and in parts of Europe.
Outside of the office Paolo enjoys reading and is a keen sportsman. He has long played football and captained the university team to promotion and a league cup win.