Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "A License to Life: Monsanto’s Seed Patents," co-author, Intellectual Property Magazine, April 2013.
- "Should Your Start-ups be Carrying Infringement Insurance," quoted, Technology Transfer Tactics, February 2013.
- “USPTO Publishes Final Rules and Examination Guidelines for Implementing First-Inventor-to-File Provisions of America Invents Act,” co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, February, 2013.
- "Monsanto’s Supreme Court Case Affects Industries Beyond Seed," quoted, Bloomberg Law, February 13, 2013.
- “Direct Infringement by Single Entity Not Necessary for Induced Infringement of Method Patent,” co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, September 2012.
- “Biomedical Diagnostic Patents Post-Prometheus,” co-author, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP Client Advisory, March 2012.
- “US-Korea Free Trade Agreement and Patent Rights,” co-author, Bloomberg Law Reports, October 31, 2011.
- “Recent Patent Law Developments that Affect Protection of Drug Discoveries,” speaker, 3rd Annual Drug Discovery Partnership: Filling the Pipeline, Boston, Massachusetts, October 17, 2011.
- Fu Jen International Academic Symposium on Patent Litigation and U.C. Competition Law & International Mock Trial, presenter, New Taipei City, Taiwan, April 11-12, 2011.
- “Key Patent Considerations for Software and Life Science Innovations,” speaker, Your Competitive Advantage: The Basics of Intellectual Property Protection seminar presented by The USF Chapter of the National Academy of Inventors, April 22, 2011.
- "In Whose Best Interest? Finding Common Ground to Patenting," panelist, 2nd Annual Drug Discovery Partnership: Filling the Pipeline, October 28 - 29, 2010.
- "Maximizing the Value of Your IP Portfolio and Safeguarding Product IP Ownership," presenter, Medical Devices Summit 2010, March 1 - 3, 2010.
- "Maximizing the Value of Your IP Portfolio," speaker, Drug Discovery Partnership: Filling the Pipeline, October 28 – 30, 2009.
- Peter was an invited speaker on patent law at the BioFlorida Annual Meeting, November 2006.
- Peter was an invited speaker at the Advanced Forum on Biotech Patents in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Peter was an invited speaker on patent protection for pharmaceutical inventions at the American Chemical Society Annual Meeting.
- Peter was an invited speaker on patent law at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions Annual Meeting in Anaheim, California.
- Peter has lectured on intellectual property law topics for the Patent Resources Group (PRG) and the Boston Patent Law Association.
- Peter has authored technical papers in publications such as Journal of Medicinal Chemistry and Synthesis.
- Peter is an author of "Taking the USPTO Route To Challenging a Patent," Patent World, May 2005, "Recombinant DNA Inventions After Fiers," Houston Journal of International Law.
Before Edwards Wildman
Prior to attending law school, Peter was a synthetic organic chemist in a drug discovery group of E.I. DuPont de Nemours Co., Medical Products Department (later the DuPont Pharmaceutical Company and now merged with Bristol-Myers Squibb), in Wilmington, Delaware. Peter is an inventor on U.S. Patent 4,977,173 "Aminomethyl Oxooxazolidinyl Ethenylbenzene Derivatives Useful As Antibacterial Agents," which covers predecessor development compounds to Pfizer's oxazolidinone antibacterial Zyvox, now in clinical use.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Peter is active in a variety of youth sports programs, including coaching local soccer, wrestling, and baseball teams, and has served as the Director of the Wellesley Youth Wrestling Program. Peter also regularly golfs and skis with his sons and daughter.