Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4381
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3702
Mitain is a newly qualified solicitor practicing in all aspects of Intellectual Property Law, with particular experience in trade marks and domain name issues.
- During his training contract, Mitain spent 4 months seconded to a multinational consumer electronics company.
- Mitain has drafted several Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP") actions before WIPO and similar proceedings before Nominet on behalf of a major global IT company.
- Mitain has drafted submissions in trade mark opposition proceedings before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UK-IPO) and the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM).
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- “No Time for Delay,” co-author, World Trademark Review, Issue 36, April/May 2012.
- "What users really think of trade mark offices," co-author, Managing Intellectual Property, May 1, 2010.
- "The Transition from Patented Drugs to Generics: TRIPS Constraints and Policy Options," author, Bournemouth Papers on Intellectual Property, 2005.
Before Edwards Wildman
Mitain recently joined the Firm after having completed his training contract at a major City IP law firm, where he completed seats in Intellectual Property Litigation, Trade Marks and Brand Protection, and EU Competition and Regulatory Law.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Mitain is a keen traveller and an avid motoring enthusiast, and also enjoys films, a diverse range of music, and spending time with friends and family.