Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4384
Fax +44 (0) 20 7353 7377
Richard trained with the Firm and joined the Commercial Litigation Department as a solicitor in September 2011.
Assisting with an international arbitration for a large multinational steel producer, concerning contractual and insolvency issues.
Advising an international IT company on contractual issues arising from an IT services contract in the healthcare sector.
Richard has been involved with various civil proceedings to recover the proceeds of corruption on behalf of the government of a UK territory in the Caribbean.
He has also assisted with a contractual dispute in the High Court on behalf of a large multinational steel producer, and subsequent enforcement proceedings in Romania.
Richard spent six months on secondment at one of the firm's major oil and gas clients.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Contractual Formalities and Oral Contracts, The In-House Lawyer, March 2012
- Claim for Restitution Crashes in the High Court, The In-House Lawyer, December 2010/January 2011
- "What users really think of trade mark offices," co-author, Managing Intellectual Property, May 1, 2010.
- Pharmaceutical Trademarks - A Global Guide - UK Chapter
- Make No Mistake: High Court refuses to rectify erroneous contract, The In-House Lawyer, April 2011
Before Edwards Wildman
Richard studied Law at Southampton University, graduating in 2008. He then completed the Legal Practice Course in 2009 at the College of Law in Guildford, before joining the firm as a trainee solicitor.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Richard has a strong interest in travel, having spent time in South America and Asia. He also enjoys playing and watching sport, particularly football and golf.