Edwards Wildman Palmer UK LLP
Tel +44 (0) 20 7556 4387
Fax +44 (0) 20 7716 3722
Vlotina is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property department. Her experience covers a wide range of trade mark and design matters, including prosecution and portfolio management, enforcement, opposition proceedings, revocation and invalidity actions, as well as negotiating settlements and providing brand clearance advice. Vlotina has also experience in domain name disputes.
Vlotina is dual-qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and in Greece, and is also qualified as a Trade Mark Attorney in the UK.
Vlotina is also studying for a PhD in Intellectual Property Law, with a thesis on Trade Marks.
Vlotina has rendered opinions in respect of trade mark registrability, brand clearance and brand exploitation.
Vlotina has advised major international corporations on trade mark enforcement, trade mark prosecution and brand protection worldwide.
Vlotina has drafted submissions in trade mark opposition, revocation and invalidation proceedings before the UK Intellectual Property Office (UK-IPO) and the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM).
Vlotina has coordinated simultaneous opposition proceedings in various jurisdictions.
Vlotina has negotiated settlements of trade mark disputes.
Vlotina has advised clients with respect to domain names, design rights and copyright issues.
Recent Speaking Engagements and Publications
- “Taking a Wide Perspective”, co-author, World Trademark Review, Issue 38, August/September 2012.
- “Red Soles, Gas Bottles and Ethereal Market Places: Competition, Context and Trade Mark Law”, co-author, European Intellectual Property Review, 2012, 34(1) , 1-3, December 2011.
- “Non-traditional trademarks: the UK perspective”, co-author, World Trademark Review, Issue 32, August/September 2011.
- "Trade dress distinctiveness in the US: Wal-Mart, progeny and comparison with the European standards", author, European Intellectual Property Review, 2010, 32(12), 622-634, November 2010.
- "Lego - building a European concept of functionality", co-author, European Intellectual Property Review, 2010, 32(12), 653-656, November 2010.
- "Figurative mark consisting of coat of arms of Soviet Union rejected", author, World Trademark Review, June 3, 2010.
- "What users really think of trade mark offices", co-author, Managing Intellectual Property, May 1, 2010.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before joining the firm, Vlotina worked in the Trade Marks department of a City law firm in London.
She holds an LL.M. in Intellectual Property Law from Queen Mary, University of London and an LL.M. in Public Law from the University of Athens, Greece.
Besides Edwards Wildman
When Vlotina is not working or studying, she enjoys socialising, traveling and spending time with her family.