Stanley Keller is a nationally recognized corporate and securities lawyer. During his many years of practice, Stan has advised clients ranging from emerging companies to industry leaders. While his practice has encompassed most areas of corporate and securities laws, Stan has focused on:
In addition to his client work, Stan has had an active role in the development of corporate and securities laws through leadership positions in the American Bar Association (ABA) and other professional organizations, and through his writings and frequent speaking engagements:
- Stan chaired the ABA’s Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities during the height of the Sarbanes-Oxley era, and in that capacity had responsibility for interacting on behalf of the private bar with the SEC, other governmental officials and the stock exchanges.
- Stan is co-chair of the Task Force that drafted the Massachusetts Business Corporation Law, and chaired the Boston Bar Association’s Business Law Section and Corporation Law Committee.
- Stan, as a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee, was the reporter for the Committee's Remedies Opinion Report and Preferred Stock Opinion Report.
- Stan recently completed his term as chair of the ABA’s Legal Opinions Committee, having served before that as chair of the ABA’s Audit Responses Committee.
- Stan lectures widely for continuing legal education organizations, and has written and edited many articles and treatises on corporate and securities law matters, including recently serving as the co-chair of the Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) Annual Institute on Securities Regulation.